Saving You Money
At Hollingworth and Associates, we aim to provide you with all
the solutions you need to invest or buy abroad safely to ensure
your enthusiasm remains, without the expense of making mistakes.
It's easy to get swept up in the excitement of investing abroad,
whether it's for capital growth, rental income or all the wonderful
times you could spend in a beautiful holiday home.
Bad decisions in property
abroad can be very costly. What looks like a good investment
in principle can be very different in reality if you don't carry
out all the right checks.
Here are the Top 20 questions worth asking yourself:
1. How do I decide where's best to invest? - not only which country,
but which region?
2. How do I find the right property?
3. What kind of place should I get? What kind of place do I want?
4. How much should I spend?
5. Which estate agents should I trust?
6. How can I be sure the Title Deed is clean?
7. Where do I find a good solicitor? And how can I trust they
won't disappear with my money?
8. When will I find the time to go and look for property?
9. What is the process of buying property in that country?
10. How long will it take to buy a property in my chosen destination?
11. How can I be sure my pre-contract deposit is safe?
12. Has this deposit sufficiently secured the property and avoided
the possibility of being gazumped?
13. Should I set up a Limited Company or buy a property as an
14. And if I need to buy through a Company, how do I do it and
how much will it cost me?
15. If I don't speak the language, how much will it cost me to
hire a good translator to ensure that those acting for me are
doing the best job?
16. Can I get a mortgage and what's the best way to do it?
17. What are the most efficient tax structures for me?
18. How easy will it be to rent my property out? And how much
rent do I need to cover my outgoings?
19. Who will maintain my property for me when I'm not there?
20. Where do I start with all the phone calls, paperwork and
places to invest?
It's no surprise this very basic list stops the majority of people
from making great investments. So we're here to get you over that
hurdle and help you to move forward.